In CPD ModulesCPD modules help to expand your clinical knowledge on a whole range of topics. Make sure you log your learning so you can track your progress and add to your online revalidation record.
This CPD module will highlight how you can help customers self-manage their symptoms and when patients should be referred for further assessment.
After reading this module, you will also be able to guide patients regarding access to the autumn vaccination programme for Covid-19 and flu.
- The Government has announced details of the autumn vaccination programme for both Covid-19 and flu
- The MHRA has approved Moderna's bivalent vaccine, which targets both the original Covid virus and the omicron variant
- A Pfizer/BioNTech booster vaccine that works in a similar way was also approved at the beginning of September
- High case rates of flu have occurred in Australia over 2022 leading to concern that two significant respiratory viruses (Covid and flu) could be in circulation this winter
- All over-50s and high-risk patients will be offered immunisation for both flu and Covid this winter
- The scale and number of people affected by long Covid is considerable and a major concern.
Contributing authors: Dr Martin Duerden FRCGP, with contributions from Professor Alison Blenkinsopp